1) Waikato District Council backs down on its timeframe for submissions on the Cliff Street commercial development. People now have until 27 August to make a written submission.
2) Raglan town suffered a graffiti attack – buildings around town, including Raglan Four Square and the Town Hall, were defaced with random words.
3) Raglan’s Antonio Te Maioha is currently filming the new series of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena in Auckland. Antonio played Barca in the first series Spartacus: Blood and Sand and returns for the prequel of the hit US show.
4) Local schoolgirl Ariana Brunet stars in a new TV1 drama, This is Not My Life, which premiered on Thursday evening.
5) There’s now only 2 weeks left for residents to have their say on the design of the new Kopua footbridge. Submissions must be received by 13 August.
Want more news? Check out the latest edition of the Raglan Chronicle below.