Freedom Camping in Raglan
When travelling and camping in Raglan please be environmentally conscious – take only photographs and leave only footprints.
Who can freedom camp in Raglan?
If your campervan or motorhome is fully self-contained (with a toilet, wastewater tank and rubbish facilities on board) then you may camp overnight for free on most land administered by the Council, away from the town centres and residential areas. There is some public land including DoC reserves which are excluded. Please observe all no camping signs.
- Camp away from the region’s town centres and residential areas
- Dispose of your wastewater at one of the regional motorhome dump stations
- Only dispose of your rubbish in bins provided within the town centres or at the Council transfer stations
- Do not light any fires
- Leave the area as you found it, free of litter and damage
- Stay a maximum of three nights
Who cannot freedom camp in Raglan?
Freedom camping in prohibited areas is not permitted and is likely to result in a parking infringement notice and monetary fine from the local council.
If you don’t have a fully self-contained campervan or motorhome (one with a toilet, wastewater tank and rubbish facilities on board) then you cannot freedom camp anywhere in the Waikato district. Instead, you should stay in a holiday park or camping ground.
For more information about Freedom Camping areas check out the Waikato District Council website.